Here are the geeky details:
- It’s lightweight and easy to push, with an adjustable ergonomic handle
- A simple adjustable knob changes mowing height from 1″ to a generous 4″ (the highest mowing option of all the mowers that I researched)
- Has a “floating” blade design so the blades don’t scrape the metal casing, like with other push mowers. This means with good care, the blades need sharpening very, very rarely (every 5-10 years)
- Reel mowers with their scissor action get a much cleaner cut than rotary mowers, which cut by tearing. No more brown grass tips!
- Grass clippings were smaller and disbursed into the lawn rather than staying in unattractive clumps on my lawn.
- Throws cut grass forward, rather than backward onto your shoes or sideways into your garden beds and sidewalk.
- Optional grass-catcher bag available.